Saturday 8 December 2007

Another Shag, and Another

I finished another Shag, this time in Noro Silk Garden. It's shade 47. I've wanted to make one in graduated yarn ever since I saw Wendi's here. The colours are all naturals, grey, brown, charcoal and a lovely gingery shade. Who would have thought brown could be so interesting?
It took slightly less than two balls, and is 51 inches long. This is the back, looking very dinosaurish and scaly... but in a good way.

And guess what I did when I'd finished? Cast on another one, this time in Silk Garden 236? Surely not?

I'm sorry the photograph isn't very good, but we only had about ten minutes of daylight today, and I missed it.

The pink wriggly thing is my 17-row counter. I have proved incapable of turning a revolving row counter consistently, and of marking five-bar gates, but even I can't miss this.

I am toying with the idea of flicking some of the flaps, but haven't quite worked up the nerve yet, so these all face the front.

2 comments:

Lynne Barr said...

I use the five bar gates ...never knew they had a name ...but I'm curious about your pink wriggly thing (this site is going to get an x rating). Is it something that you made up?

Wendi Dunlap said...

I love the way the Shag scarf looks in the natural tones! Very nice.