Thursday 20 December 2007

A Shortened Shag


The 90 grammes of Debbie Bliss 'Maya' I had gave me a 32" scarf, which I think is still very wearable as a jabot with a brooch.

I used 6.5 mm needles (6 mm gave me too firm a fabric), and this took from the 22nd of November to the 12th of December, although it would have been much quicker if I hadn't been working on several other projects at the same time. It was very straightforward to knit; the only difficulty I had was picking up stitches evenly across the rectangles, and practice soon perfected that. I'm thinking of Meandering Stripes next with some dark charcoal and light grey aran weight I have lying around.

3 comments:

Oiyi said...

The shorted version is very nice. Great color.

Lynne Barr said...

Vivienne, your shorter scarf looks great with the brooch. The heavier yarn on larger needles also makes the scarf look better able to keep you warm.

When I picked up stitches for this scarf, I used a much smaller needle than I was knitting with. Seemed easier and faster to slip the smaller needle into those purl bumps!

Harper said...

I actually think I like the jabot style better! Excellent photo as well.