Tuesday 4 December 2007

Finished Aria

I've finished the Aria scarf. I used Rowan's Natural Silk Aran, a blend of silk, linen and viscose, because the scarf is a present for my god-daughter, who is allergic to animal fibres, but it suits the pattern very well and would be a good choice for anyone who wants a drapey, ripply, swirly scarf.
I wanted it extra long, so I used six balls of the yarn (71 yards per ball, nine inches of Aria). I've had it hanging up since I finished it, and it's stretched a bit, which was what I wanted, so that she can wrap it round and round. It was a very satisfying knit and I'm delighted with the result.



It keeps looking like a deliciously frilled sea creature, whenever it's draped over the sofa or curled on the floor.

You can see even more photos at my blog.

Or do the new jigsaw in the sidebar here.

2 comments:

Oiyi said...

It looks great! I love the frills.

Lynne Barr said...

Your scarf looks great and I just love the series of photos ...laminaria mutates into sea anemome ...it reminds me of a book I read about genetic hybrids!