Sunday 18 November 2007

Linked Rib and a bit of a Round Up.

I thought I would do a post about the Linked Rib I started the other night. I didn't intend to knit the whole scarf but a friend who had started it said she was having a problem, so I decided to cast on and see how I got on.
I had a bit of a struggle with the needles for the first round, because what I was doing was so unfamiliar. But I just followed the instructions and it all went well, in spite of the large glass of wine you can just see in the photograph. You can read more here.

I went round to see my friend Jean the next day, and found that, far from needing any advice from me, she was sailing on regardless. She's using Noro Silk Garden Lite, and the colours are fitting in with the pattern very neatly. Do go and have a look.

Here is another blogger who is working on knitting new scarves, and another. Jen is making another Linked Rib in variegated yarn, and advocates keeping your eye on the instructions.

I'm not going to pursue my Linked Rib; as soon as I finish the other little bits and pieces I've been distracted by, I will return to Aria, which I haven't shown here yet. I am itching to get back to it.

No comments: