Thursday 29 November 2007

Drifting Pleats - first, but not the last!

I just finished knitting my very first scarf from Lynne Barr's book - Drifting Pleats - and it was a thoroughly enjoyable experience! The end product is not too shabby, either!


I used a wonderful handspun single-ply wool/silk - Single-Dyed Phat Silk Phat from La Lana Wools. I knit the scarf using Bryspun plastic needles.

There are more details on my blog, including more photos!

Needles to say, I'm already scheming my next project from this book :). Did you know that Melanie Falick has a gallery of "New Scarves" on her blog? All 27 scarves in a convenient layout, so we can see them side by side instead of flipping back and forth in the book!

2 comments:

Lynne Barr said...

Beautiful! I hope knitters visit your site to see the other photos and your commentary. I've become a fan of your blog... for all your postings, not just the scarves.

Wendi Dunlap said...

That's beautiful! That yarn shows off the pattern nicely.