Monday 17 March 2008

Another convert

I took The Book into my local knitting store yesterday (Stitch Therapy in Park Slope, Brooklyn) and the owner was so excited about it! She's ordering it for the store and can't wait to get started on her own scarves. She was really impressed with the quality of the patterns and the unusual techniques.

I, meanwhile, am working on Cocoons, but it's not easy. The linen yarn doesn't stretch at all, so it's tough to do the knitting around on 2 needles. I think I'm going to try making the cocoons on smaller needles and see if that makes it any easier.

4 comments:

Lynne Barr said...

Sarah, thanks for helping promote the book!

Cocoons has similarities to New Wave, where the instructions have knitters divide the stitches onto 3 needles while knitting around. Maybe that would help with Cocoons. I thought the looser gauge for Cocoons would help make the first two rounds on 2 needles after the rib division easier... but maybe not!?

sarah in brooklyn said...

it's going better since i switched to smaller needles. i'm doing all the rows on 8s, and keeping it loose. my first cocoon looks a little sad, but they're improving as i go!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.